I’d like to thank WhiteLady from www.rift-mmorpg.com for giving me an extremely solid base to write these guides from. Credit for the basic strategy and overview easily belong to her
|Dominax|| Assault Steel Band
|Dominax|| Circuit Of Red Mist
|Dominax|| Belt Of Howling Frost
|Dominax|| Lightning Touched Belt
|General Grim|| Reaper's Bane
|General Grim|| Talons Of The Cursed Wolf
|General Grim|| Choker Of The Moonlit Night
|General Grim|| Necklace Of The Blood Moon
|Valthundr|| Spaulder's Of The Giant Killer
|Valthundr|| Frost Runner's Boots
|Valthundr|| Pauldrons Of Valthundr's Fury
|Valthundr|| Giant's Bane Mantle
|Valthundr|| Shoulderwraps Of Eternal Winter
|Theodor’s Last Stand|| Nerval's Steadfast Legplates
|Theodor’s Last Stand|| Helm Of The Lord-Protector
|Theodor’s Last Stand|| Flame Of The Icewatch
|Theodor’s Last Stand|| Leggings Of Thedeor's Wrath
|Theodor’s Last Stand|| Resolve Of The Icewatch
|Theodor’s Last Stand|| Longbow Of The Eternal Protector
|Chekaroth|| Chekaroth's Edge
|Chekaroth|| Maul Of Shattering Winds
|Chekaroth|| Storm Chain Hauberk
|Chekaroth|| Tunic Of Twisting Winds
|Chekaroth|| Storm Queen's Charge
|Chekaroth|| Energized Mantle Of The Indomitable
|Chekaroth|| Lightning Forged Steel
|Chekaroth|| Boots Of The Storm Rider
|Chekaroth|| Frozen Gauntlets Of The Storm Slayer
When you enter the dungeon, before you can start the first encounter you will have to defeat 6 Blackstorm Assaults.
If you click the assault frame (the electrical panel in front of the robot) you will gain 2 reactive abilities to help you deal with the Blackstorms. The first ability does a high amount of damage to a single target (marks it for death). The second paints an area for attack, so it’s more of an AOE attack. You want to use these on availability and cooldown – and as of this writing clicking the panel refreshes the cooldown. Keep in mind – the robot is delayed so you dont want everyone marking the same target for death, it’s just a waste of a cooldown.
After the six waves of mobs, Dominax will drop down through the ceiling and take over the Assault Frame (robot).
Dominax has two stages. First he uses the Assault Frame against you. Once that’s defeated he just goes back to tornado form.
- Razor Slash: applies on the tank, reduces maximum HP by 5% per stack. Can be dispelled, cast every 7 seconds.
- Metal Storm: 20 seconds buff on the boss. Deals 1.600 AOE damage to the party every 2 seconds.
- Decimator: 3 seconds cast, can be interrupted, deals a large amount of damage to the tank. Occurs every 30 seconds. If you’re tank is not geared, you want to interrupt this 100% of the time.
- Red Mist: 3 seconds channel, needs to be line of sighted by everyone in the party. Occurs every 45 seconds. Tank the boss next to a pillar to make it easier.
The strategy to this is basic: Burn the boss down, interrupt Decimator on cast, and LOS the boss when he channels Red Mist.
After you defeat the Assault Frame, Dominax will go back to tordano form.
- Raging Tempest: 2 seconds cast, applies a 30 seconds buff on the boss. Deals 2,500 to 2,700 AOE damage for 30 seconds. Can not be purged.
Strategy: The tank picks up Dominax and drags him into the yellow glowing circle. When he gets under 10% HP the projector on the circle’s edge will become interactive. Use it to trap Dominax inside a crystal, then pick up the crystal and run to the forge with it (it is up the ramp to the right of the circle when facing the circle). You only have 10 seconds to reach the blue circle with the crystal otherwise your party will wipe and the encounter will reset.
General Grim fight has 2 stages.
- Cleave: Not really a melee friendly fight unless you have geared players.
- Reaper’s Touch: spawns a spinning scythe with 83.500 HP. If killed it drops a red orb. The player that picks up the orb gains a 45 seconds buff that increases his damage done by 50%.
- At 40% he will run to the middle and a flag will appear. Someone has to click the flag in the next 10 seconds or he will wipe the party.
Pre-40% Strategy: DPS and don’t get hit by the spinning scythe. You’ll get an achievement if you do it right.
Post 40% Strategy:
The person who clicks the flag will be locked inside the circle with the boss and will have to fight him, while the rest of the party will kill the adds who spawn. The party members will also get a reactive ability that allows them to heal the player that is inside of the circle, as they are considered LOS of the healer. So if the player does a bad job in the duel area – you’ll want your party to rotate their heals on the person in the circle with the boss.
The person in the circle has to worry about these abilities:
- Brutal Strike: 2 seconds cast, hits for 90% of your max health. To avoid it use the temporary ability that looks like a sword.
- Subjugation: 2 seconds cast followed by a 10 seconds channel. Stuns you and deals 4k damage every second. To survive it spam the second temporary ability (white and blue icon).
While inside the circle he will also do a frontal cone damage ability. Move out of the red marker. If you’re good at your job, you should be mindful of where the party is and not point it at them.
The boss should be dead if the person in the circle executed it correctly. If you die inside the circle the boss will gain a 10 seconds enrage buff and heal up to full. An expert level geared tank and healer should be able to survive this with cooldowns and heals – after the enrage is over it’s just a matter of DPSing him down from full to empty, and is just a waste of time.
- Avalanche: instant cast, knocks back and deals 3.9k damage to everyone in a 10 meters range.
- Frost Bound: 5 seconds cast immediately after Avalanche. At the end of the cast all players that are not inside the blue circle take 12k damage and gain 4 stacks of Frozen Heart.
- Deep Freeze: 7 seconds buff on the boss, deals 7k damage every 2 seconds and applies a stack of Frozen Heart.
- Winter’s Fury: 2 seconds cast followed by a 10 seconds channel. Players need to line of sight the boss behind the bookcases or they will be killed instantly. This ability occurs after every second Frost Bound (blue radiating circle) cast. Each Winter’s Fury destroys a bookcase. Also 3 players will radiate damage during his channel, preventing everyone from being behind the same pillar (2.4k damage every second). Be mindful and try not to stack two AOEing players on top of each other unless it’s with a healer.
- Frozen Heart: stacks up to 5. If it reaches 5 stacks it will freeze you in place and kill you. Also snares while under 5 stacks. Must be dispelled as much as possible.
If you want to make this extremely easy, just have two healers – it will take longer, but makes it easier with all of the dispelling and damage until you out gear it. The trick to this fight is to dispel the Frozen Heart while still healing the raid. The raid should stack in front of the table that he’s facing when he comes out. Having your back against the table will ensure you’re not knocked back and can make it into the circle when he casts Frost Bound. When he starts casting Winter’s Fury you immediately LOS behind a book case. Keep in mind if you’re using two healers and your DPS is not very well geared, then you may not have the DPS to defeat him before you run out of bookcases to hide behind.
Before you can engage Checkaroth you must survive Theodor’s Last Stand. To engage this encounter, run on the Lake and you’ll start to see some RP. Then for 3 minutes, waves of mobs will attack your party. Kill them. After you killed 15 of them you will gain a reactive ability. Use it to one shot all mobs. This should only be used when there are many mobs up at the same time. At the end of the 3 minutes the boss becomes active.
- Flash Freeze: 3 seconds cast followed by a 5 seconds channel. The channel should be interrupted. Adds 1 stack of Flash Freeze debuff a random party member. If the debuff builds up to 10 the player will freeze in place and die. To remove the debuff you must pick up a Warmth Orb.
- Storm Blade: 3 seconds cast, summons a Storm Blade with 83k HP which spins around the room. Hits for 3.500 if you are too close to it. If killed drops a red circle on the ground. If you stand in it you gain a +50% damage buff.
- Foul Wind: 5 seconds cast followed by a 5 seconds channel. Deals 1.3k damage every second and applies one stack of Flash Freeze to players that have the debuff.
- Unyielding Warmth: every minute 5 Warmth Orbs will spawn around the room. Use them to remove your Flash Freeze debuff.
- Theodor’s Strike: deals 3.800 damage to everyone in melee range of the boss.
Strategy: DPS the boss. Pew Pew the storm blade if you want to do more pew pew yourself. Stand in orange orbs when they spawn. Rinse and repeat. If your group has high DPS you likely wont even need to pickup the orange orbs.